Monday, December 13, 2010

The Getty Center: Wang Qingsong


Wang Wingsong's Can I Cooperate With You?, 2000, was another one I loved. This was probably one of the largest photos in all of the Getty's photography exhibition. I think what first drew my attention to this was the sharpness and the color. The color was vibrant and clear. It was very pretty and fun to look at. You can tell that this has been photoshoped, or digitally manipulated. There are two small men standing right in the middle that are not the correct size. I cannot tell if the background is from a back drop, or if that too was from photoshop. I think this piece is comical because there is a big crowd of people that is mainstreaming two american companies, and there are a few little guys that do not want to go along with what the other majority is doing. Both groups of people look like they are wondering whats wrong with one another. All together, I think the composition is brilliant and that this photo was great to view.

No comments:

Post a Comment