Monday, December 13, 2010

The Getty Center: Family Tree


This was another enlarged photo that I feel does not do its justice until you see it in person. For one, it is quite large. It was printed on glossy paper, so when you look at the ink or paint on this mans face, it gives it quite a nice touch. There is a lot here that catches the eye and you dont really know to start at the beginning or the end. This photo like the other one, pays attention to a lot of detail. It is very sharp in the foreground, but the background is blurred out, which makes the story pop out at you more. The photos flow very nicely and is completely modern. Unlike the old brown box photos, this paper has no texture to to it at all. I can not tell if the mans face has been digitally enhanced or if it was just printed straight from the shot. This series of photos kind of urks me because of its harsh content, yet when I saw it in person, I really enjoyed it and it was worth my visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment